Net Zero Carbon Footprint 100Trees
We will plant 100 trees for every delegate booking day you attend. Plus we will make a bonus planting of several hundred extra trees, when you complete our full Certificate Board Director Course Program. The total trees planted on your behalf will be enough to make you “Net Zero Carbon” for your entire life. The trees we plant will continue to grow and to absorb CO2 for their entire life span. These 200 trees will offset one sixth of your CO2 emissions for the rest of your life. If you attend just 3 days of our training courses modules, we would plant 300 trees for you; offsetting 3,690kg, or 23%, of your annual CO2 emissions.
Net Zero Carbon Footprint. If you attend our full Certificate Board Director Course Program, we will plant enough trees to offset 100% of your annual CO2 emissions. You could become Net Zero within one year!
Trees take in Carbon Dioxide from the air. Through a process called Carbon Sequestration, they store carbon in their roots, trunks and other organic matter. The Louisiana State University conducted a 40 year study into this subject and concluded that mangrove forests were the most efficient removing at CO2 from the air and safely storing it. The mangroves collectively store more carbon than all of the tropical forests of South America, Asia and Africa combined. Mangroves store over 3 billion metric tons of carbon.
Another advantage of Mangroves is that they live in salt water. This means that they do not compete for good usable agricultural land that could be producing food or providing a more diverse biological habitat.
The relevant numbers are:
- 1 Mangrove absorbs 12.3kg of carbon dioxide per year
- The average person produces 16,000kg of carbon dioxide per year
- To offset your carbon dioxide emissions, you would need to plant 1,300 mangroves; 16,000/12.3
Whichever Director training course you attend with us, it will be a great start in offsetting your personal CO2 emissions. In case you want to do more; 20% of your CO2 emissions are due to a meat eating diet. You could cut down on the amount of meat you eat, or you could just attend more of our Director training courses.
If your people are intending to attend Director Training Courses anyway. By selecting our courses, they would get the Best Training and the climate would benefit from less Global Warming and better quality air, containing less free CO2 , due to our 100tree planting initiative. Best of all, this Climate improvement would be completely self financing. The Climate investments made by the Professional Directors Association, would be from the Director training budget that your company would have spent on Director training anyway.
This would be a Win-Win situation. That is:
Better skills – Better climate air quality – Less Global Warming – Sustainable Self financing – Great Personal Feel Good factor from your contribution to Climate Improvement and Great PR.
We will plant a mix of trees, which will provide multiple environmental and diversity benefits, including:
- Biodiversity to help wildlife to thrive and to ensure that natural sources of medicines are preserved
- Some crop yielding trees to provide an income for the women and their families of the local villages, as well as to provide an economic reason for them to preserve and nurture the local natural habitat
- Tree types particularly well suited to the local climate and soil conditions
- Natural vegetation complementary to the trees we have planted
- Trees specifically likely to best create sustainable forestry corridors, to link isolated surviving pockets of forests. This is important to the animals confined within the forest islands and to the rare and diminishing types of plants within
The trees we are planting include a wide and diverse mix ranging from Teak to Mangrove.
NET ZERO CARBON FOOTPRINT
If you enrol in our zero carbon emissions program, we will provide evidence of the amount of your annual CO2 emissions that you offset. After your first course and then at intervals, we would send you a certificate confirming what you have done for the planet by offsetting your CO2 emissions. We will also send you a special Commemoration Certificate, once you achieve a net Zero Carbon Footprint.
More Useful Numbers:
To achieve a Net Zero Carbon Footprint, we base our planting upon statistical evidence. The average well to do male in a western developed economy, such as the USA or the UK, creates the following annual carbon dioxide emissions:
- Meat eater diet, 3,300kg, 268 mangroves
- 10,000 car miles @ 40mpg, 2,468kg, 201 mangroves
- 10,000 air miles, 2,010kg, 163 mangroves
- Home energy, 7,960kg, 647 mangroves
- Other sundry, 3,000kg, 244 mangroves
Net Zero Carbon Footprint. The number of mangrove trees that would need to be planted to offset these emissions are also shown above.